Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me try and bring you up to date.....

my parents have an antique booth that they rent at an antique mall on 80.
well, there is this cute little chick that works up there on the weekends, and has for the last 2 years that we have used that place. she has always liked me and we have always had our small talk when i went up there to re- stock, but she was just a bit too young for me to try and ask her out.
i recently found out that she is now 18 (legal, hahaha) and went up there to pay the rent and hopefully get up enough balls to asked her out, and when she turned around, i think my heart stopped for a few seconds...........because she was just absolutely beautiful (i hadn't seen her in a while).
i tried and tried to get up courage to go ask her out (hell i know that she would say yes), as i walked around the mall, but just thinking about it made me even more nervous.
see, i'm one of those wussies that can't talk to a beautiful woman..... but i can talk to an ugly one just fine... go figure :D .....

so i need some ideas on how to conquer this this fear, stop being such a damn wussy and go up there.

i have an idea, but i'm not sure that its the right one, lol...
i have pretty good luck with girls when i'm drunk (oh the stories i could tell). so i was thinking about taking a few shots before going up there to make me relax, but then again, i would have to basically stay drunk when i'm around her.

or i could just let it go, and continue to be a wussy.....

lol, i'm such a wussy. i'm almost 23 and i'm asking for advice on how to approach a girl........thats ok, yall i'm sure will give me plenty of hell about it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Don't get drunk:nono: you do stupid things and your breath will scare her away.....

Thing that alwasy works:
- Hey, wassup? You from outta town? Got a local number?

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try the good old "You dont happen to have a boyfriend, do you?" line, thats always a good start. When she says no, say "we should get together sometime and do something". That way your not really asking, but if she is interested she will take the bait, but do not fail to carry out the plan, that can lead to a failure. Anyway thats a lil personal experience of my own, good luck:thumbup:

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
This should work,
if you can talk to ugly girls just fine,picture her one of them ugly ones,or,dont even look at her when you ask. Look at the wall or something. Worked for me numerous times.

·
Registered
81 Posts
all good advise... But all you have to do is invite her out. just be like" hey me and some buddys are going to "WHATEVER" i was wonering if you wanted to come, it's fun, you probably even know a few of them" This has always worked for me. Plus, you have nothing to be scared about, she is only a women. Just make sure you think of what your going to say so you don;t say stupid things that just pop into your mind. And if you do talk to her, Don't let there be any of that awkward silence keep the convo going..

·
Beats pickin' cotton
117 Posts
Just remember that she's just another person. Talk to here as you would anyone else and once you're comfortable, as her. If all else fails, use my favorite pick up line from Terminator, "your clothes, give them to me" :D Just kidding! Breath deep and live without regret! DO IT!

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
RetroJoe said:
If all else fails, use my favorite pick up line from Terminator, "your clothes, give them to me"
Awww...that's sweet. You do laundry on the first date. ;) Just teasing.

Just ask her. I'd like to think that if she's not interested, she's not going to aim to totally crush your ego when she declines. But chances are she'll give you at least a chance, right? What does she have to lose by doing so?

You could always use the easier tactic of using general conversation to find out what she likes and use that as a way to slip in a date. "Wow! You like the drag races too?! Me too...we should go sometime!" And you can gauge from her response to that, if you should persue it or not.

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
crazy larry said:
Hey Aaron, when you tell her drag races, we mean at the track, not on harry hines.......

nut up and be a man. wussy.
Oh man....that's bad! :nono: LOL!

Have I been here long enough now to call someone wussy too? ;)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
your not to wussy to call someone a wussy are ya? wussy?:p

i think i was here a day or two when willys36 first called me a wussy......:mad:

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crazy larry said:
your not to wussy to call someone a wussy are ya? wussy?:p

i think i was here a day or two when willys36 first called me a wussy......:mad:
willys36 was right, you are a wussy :p ............
but you are also right, i'm a wussy too...........what do say we get together so we can be a couple of wussies :D .

i think i'm going to take "chevyman06" advise and say "you wouldn't happen to have a boyfriend would you?"..... of course after i take a couple of shots.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just speak to her. It's that easy.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a long time. How have you been?"

Something like that.

Larry

Don't talk to her boobs either.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
The only thing I ever liked about Nike was their slogan.

Just Do It!

I know that feeling you get akm, but the one you get when she says yes is worth it, besides she is probably dealing with the same problem you are.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Try this.

Here is what I would do. Continue to small talk with her like you were doing without asking her out until you feel more comfortable around her. When you do feel more comfortable, ask her to go grab lunch with you for an hour one day. That situation has a lot less pressure than a full night out. If the hour lunch goes well then take it from there, and ask for a regular date.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ghetto Jet said:

I know that feeling you get akm, but the one you get when she says yes is worth it, besides she is probably dealing with the same problem you are.
hell if she said yes i'd probably faint, lol.

the main problem that i forgot to mention is that my last girlfriend and i were together for almost 4 years, so my skills were left in the dust some time long long ago..........except of course when i'm drunk, then i "think" that i'm a mac daddy.....have you ever seen a redneck dance? no? well i hope no one else did either. :D

·
Missing You
300 Posts
You're a good lookin' guy Aaron, don't sweat it. And like the others have said a casual approach is best with less pressure, like just grabbing lunch. Try to go by there around lunch time and ask her if she's eaten yet and if she'd like to go grab some food with you.

And remember, if she says no...what's gonna happen? The world won't come to an end and you won't get run over by any speeding, rusty Impalas. You won't be any worse off than you were before you asked her. At the least, you've gotten a bit more comfortable even approaching girls on that level.

So dont' sweat it, just do it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
what ever you do don't be drunk. the ladies think that it is very unattractive and immature. Just relax and don't do anything stupid. make compliments about the way she looks and her eyes and her hair and stuff like that. don't be stupid and just be yourself. If she turns you down then tell your self that she wasn't right for you any way

·
Missing You
300 Posts
little41dodge said:
what ever you do don't be drunk. the ladies think that it is very unattractive and immature....
Yeah, slizzard-drunk is bad bad.

But I'm weird and actually like the smell of beer on a guy's breath after he's been drinking a few beers. I'm weird like that. :embarrass

1 - 20 of 35 Posts