Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1990 GMC 350
Made into a 383 stroker: factory two bolt main/Standard bore/hot tanked&honed /clearanced for crank&rods/new cam bearings

HEADS Factory swirl port truck heads 1.94 intake 1.50 exhust
valve job & seals hot tanked

CRANK Scat cast externally balanced stroker 383 one piece real seal

RODS Factory forged 5.7 inch long press fit clearanced for cam

PISTONS Speed pro 383 flat top two valve reliefs coated skirts press fit standard size

CAM Competition cs 268 h 10 high energy hydraulic flat tappet

TIMING CHAIN Double row roller by zoom

LIFTERS Sealed power flat tappet hydraulic

Bearings michigan 77 rod & mains

RINGS Hastings moly plasma

OIL PUMP Melling high volume pressure (MV_55)

INTAKE aluminum stock trottle body injection (tbi)

IGNITION Stock computer controlled new cap rotor and plugs

EXHAUST Hooker competition headers with dule exhaust (no cats)
flowmaster

WATER PUMP stock

THERMOSTAT 195

INDUCTION stock TBI & air hog high flow filter
here r some pic of it

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I NEED YOUR FEERBACK!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COULD I go to a better intake and throttle body for more horsepower . I HAVE ABOUT $700.00 left could I do it should i do it . If so please let me know the right one to get please.

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts
Have you already bought the parts? If so, then I agree that a roller cam would be a good idea. If you have not already bought the parts, I have some other ideas. another idea is gears and posi if you dont already have them.

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Being that its a 90 block it should have provisions for a roller cam (without having to retrofit). If this is the case, go with a roller cam. They are more expensive and require more expensive lifters, but the technology is way ahead of the flat tappet design. Less cam wear, no cam breakin worries compared to a flat tappet design, and I believe they allow higher lift due to their design and the design of the lifters.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,810 Posts
With a torque making 383 and 456's you could get away with a cam in the 292 range to make more upper rpm power and not lose a signifigant amount of low end

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
Not a bad setup for a TBI engine. I would have ditched the TBI heads for something else, but since you've already got them, they'll work okay.

Not all of the FI blocks are roller cam blocks. Some have the provision, and some don't.

Anyway, with the stock TBI system, you aren't gonna make much over 300 ponies anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That cam with those heads on a TBI system will not run very well at all. I doubt the stock TBI system will supply enough fuel for that cam and those heads will choke the cam down.

compcam 268
Gross Valve Lift 0.479 0.48
Duration At 0.006 Tappet Lift 268 280
Lobe Separation 114

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
This thread is so old he may have rebuilt that engine twice by now :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts