Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside temperature -40 with a wind chill of -65.
No problem, dress warmly.
Insulated long johns. One piece, not the two piece variety.
Insulated socks.
Flannel shirt.
Insulated lined trousers.
Insulated lined coveralls.
Insulated lined knee high work boots.
Insulated lined snow suit. The one piece, not two piece.
Warm toque.
Elbow length insulated lined winter mitts.
All set?
Yup.
Open the door and step outside to look old man winter square in the face.
:pain:
Oh oh.
Gotta have a dump.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i feel cold just listening to that, and i think i would need a nap after getting all those clothes on.....

the only thing worse than that are those warm weather $^&^%% bragging about how warm it is :nono: :nono: :nono: j/k

·
Registered
77 Posts
ever worked under a car in the snow?? you'd hate it also. worked on my new toy all day, it snowed but melted, so i was in the mud and the muck.

please let summer come soon. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
tbirdscott said:
Get a snowmobile and find a mountain :thumbup: Winter kicks A**
I agree but -40 is a bit cold for snow mobiling, safely anyways. I ran trail sweep for a race that started when it got up to -35 and we were running 75-80 out on the river, just cruising. Not too bad but bad stuff can happen to you real fast when it's that cold.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Finally getting our first snow of the year.There are light flurries falling.Melting before they hit the ground.At the first sight of snow Louisvillians will end up crashing into each other,interstate barriers,and street lights.It is also colder than a well diggers a**!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
-24 Celcius in the 'Peg last night. Supposed to warm up to 0 Celcius tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Outside temperature -40 with a wind chill of -65.
No problem, dress warmly.
Insulated long johns. One piece, not the two piece variety.
Insulated socks.
Flannel shirt.
Insulated lined trousers.
Insulated lined coveralls.
Insulated lined knee high work boots.
Insulated lined snow suit. The one piece, not two piece.
Warm toque.
Elbow length insulated lined winter mitts.
All set?
Yup.
Open the door and step outside to look old man winter square in the face.

Oh oh.
Gotta have a dump

I can TOTALLY relate to this with three kids. It I forget to tell them to go before they start getting dressed I'm in for it after. Just as we get in the car or to the school bus, "Mommy, I need to go pee!" AARRRGGGHHHH!! :pain:

Chickie.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
Jeans and a t-shirt all year round, here. And I thought I had it bad. Well, maybe a beanie hat for my bald head. I lived in Brayton, Iowa for a couple of months. Now that was some cold weather.

·
go fast, turn left!
267 Posts
What's wrong with a Moose Jaw winter? I almost wore a tshirt today. Oh right. the roads do have 3/4" of ice on them and it will probably rain tommorrow then drop to -20 to make it an even worse icerink. oh well maybe summer will be more than 2 weeks long this year. Why do i live here again?? :spank:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been in the trade for 47 years.
I just retired from Walkers Towing. I repaired his stuff for 16 years. Tow trucks, Taxis, Limos, busses.
That's a ***** about the Snow Bird Pilot.
Do you know Bruce Clarke?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.