Hot Rod Forum banner

I swear I have crappy luck....

799 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RCastle 
#1 ·
When I came home from school Thursday night, I find my bathroom and bedroom flooded with water. My hot water heater went bad and decided to dump 30 gallons of water. I swear that somebody up there doesn't like me at times or I just have crappy luck.

#2 ·
Oh god, I feel for ya. My washing machine just packed it in on the 11th of October but not before flooding my house from the third floor down into the walls, the ceiling...ugh! Renovations going on right now.

Good Luck dealing with that,
Kristen

#4 ·
thanx for the thread, i need to vent also...

after hitting a deer on friday, just 5 days later we end up wrecking the rental car. :rolleyes: , then my boss gets upset the next day beacause i called and let him know i was goining to be late, because my dad had to sign papers from the rental agency.

if it wasnt for bad luck, me and you wouldn't have any luck at all.

#5 ·
onebadmerc said:
When I came home from school Thursday night, I find my bathroom and bedroom flooded with water. My hot water heater went bad and decided to dump 30 gallons of water. I swear that somebody up there doesn't like me at times or I just have crappy luck.
do yourself a big favor and move it out into the garage right now.
its not hard to do, and it sure is easier to clean the water up in the garage. ;)

on a side note........
i was taking a poo one day (up stairs), flushed the toilet then left for about an hour.
came home, walked in to find water pouring out of every hole in the downstairs ceiling.......... hell when it was pouring out of the ceiling fan's base in the kitchen, the fan was on high and slinging the water everywhere.
talk about damage, lol. thank god for home owners insurance.
we had to replace half the carpet and plywood upstairs, all of the flooring down stairs, all of the wall paper, some sheet rock and had to repaint everything.........
thank god my turd made it down or we would have had to replace everything that the water touched.
it turned out to be a stuck float in the toilet so the water poured out of the tank instead of the bowl, lol.

so don't feel too bad :thumbup:

#6 ·
I don't have a garage so moving it there wouldn't work, otherwise that would be a great idea. I will just have to play carpenter for a while in between work and school. Hopefully I will get it done by the time I get out for Christmas break.

#8 ·
onebadmerc said:
I don't have a garage so moving it there wouldn't work, otherwise that would be a great idea. I will just have to play carpenter for a while in between work and school. Hopefully I will get it done by the time I get out for Christmas break.

You said that you have home owners indurance, oh uh I mean insurance. That implies, you own the house. What I would do in that case and since you do not have a garage. I would go down to Home Depot and buy two sheets of marine grade plywood and a few 2X4's, a little insulation and a vent. frame up an outside closet to house the water heater. It would also free up a closet inside to stash car parts.

Al :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't forget to seal and paint.

#9 ·
Last spring I went back to Alberta to clear out my house and found the house frozen solid with the basement FULL of watery ice. It caused 20K + in damage I believe ( sold the house as is but for less than we were asking ) .

You got off lucky. I think someone up there likes you.

#10 ·
In my first home I bought,we had Water Maples in the front yard,two of them actually.My sewer ran righht between them.Naturally the roots busted thru the tile and they made a fine mess.Restricted the flow of outgoing waste water and it came up thru my basement drain.Half my basement was finished and half was workshop are.Lost quite a bit in that and insurance would not cover anything.Had more troubles with the basement than I could have imagined.During a heavy rain one of the walls gave way and cracked good enough to allow my carpet to soak,got the furnitur,and a few other items.At the time I had flood insurance.Once again they refused coverage,said that unless the water came in thru the door,it was not flood damage.I cancelled the policy,and they said that since I lived in a flood plain that I could not actually cancel it.Somehow the agent got me around it and I was able to drop it.Besides that I found out that I would have to cover the first $5000.00 worth of damage and then insurance would kick in,up to $7000.00.Flood insurance is a sham!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.