Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i broke my finger last saturday, and i got some medication for it. its called Lortab. it says to take two evey six hours. well i just took 2 (i took 1.5 this morning) and its been 7 hours.

but know i am dizzy, and its hard to walk, and i am paranoid. is it just the effet of the pill, or do i need medical help?

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
What are you doing posting this here for, tell your Mom or dad and go to the hospital. Drug interactions can be impossible to predict, don't take a chance...get checked out you may be allergic.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
You just took two now or did you take 1.5 and then took another two?You are probably just getting a good buzz right now.I would not eat those things like candy.Pain killers are easy to become addicted to.I used to have a prob when I was a teen.I got a baseball sized knot in my lower back this summer installing a trans in an International.Doc gave me some Percacets and I made him give me something else.Just did not want to take no chances.I ate Tylenols and muscle relaxers for three weeks until I could work again.Be careful with those pills bud.

Listen to him 40,I believe he is in the health care field,and I am not and most people here are not either.Good call 4 jaw

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no ones home.

i have been taking 1.5 the whole weekend, but im about to head to work soon, soo i thought id take alittle more to last through work.

the bottle says to take 2..... :confused: thats all i took.

i just took 2 barely, i took 1.5 at 7:30 this morning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You will be fine, just enjoy it and don't do it again.

RCastle, you can tell you used to be addicted, "I ATE tylenols..." Lol. Never heard anything that either doesn't, or didn't say it like that.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Mna if you are in that shape you DO NOT NEED TO DRIVE!!!!!If there is a time to call in do it now.Do not drive,operate heavy machinery,sound famillar?I know those labels are on the pill bottle.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Rcastle, he's only 15.

They give pain killers for broken fingers? I can't see what can change that much going up .5 of a dose. Tell your parents, call the doctor, see if this is normal.

You shouldn't be paranoid or having trouble walking

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heh heh.... um.... i haven't gona to the doc, my bro got these when he had a hernia, and when i broke my finger, we called the doc and he said i would be fine with this stuff (i am allergic to ibprofeun (spelling?))

i dont think i will dive.... ill wait for pops to get home to give me a ride..... :embarrass

this feels kinda kool.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Rcastle, he's only 15.

Exactly.Read deeper and youll see I agree he needs to get checked out.As for the age,man I was 15 when I was on the dumb stuff.You do not want to get addicted to that crap.Which is why I had the doc take me off heavy meds for my back and I just took Tylenol.Pain killers are one of the easiest forms of drugs to get addicted to.

You shouldn't be paranoid or having trouble walking.

Oh yeah you should.Lortabs are heavy duty pain killers.They are not for mild pain.Heavy pain killers will cause weakness,paronoia,sweats.Been there,aint going back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*** wait wait wait ***

the bottle says "may cause drowsiness or dizzyness"

whew. now i feel better. :rolleyes:

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Hey Sweetie,

Do they have those walk-in medical clinics down there? Give one a call or drop by and ask them. Or call the hospital and inquire about possible side-effects and reactions if you aren't able reach your own doctor. Chances are you are just fine (Have you eaten enough today? That could account for some unusual reactions to the meds if you don't have enough in your stomach) but with your parents not home...don't take some silly chance with your health. Now get off the computer and go get yourself taken care of!

Kristen

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
It's Vicodin, 40 don't worry, I have two friends that take a little more than two vicodin at a time, sadly non of their fingers are broken.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
lol, most of those drugs have additive effects to things like alcohol... because they're in the same class of drugs!

lol, for all intents and purposes... you're buzzed!

Sit down and watch the boob for a while.

K

·
axes wayy too many questions
311 Posts
4 Jaw Chuck said:
What are you doing posting this here for, tell your Mom or dad and go to the hospital. Drug interactions can be impossible to predict, don't take a chance...get checked out you may be allergic.
Exactly. Last month I (DOH!) got hit by a car....I think, still pretty dazed and disoriented. Was riding home from my girlfreinds house at 9 PM and next time I know I'm in the hospital. LOL

Anyways, I took 4 Tylenols in 3 hours in the middle of the night, mind you I still had a concussion and a half, so I didnt know what I was doing. I went to sleep and woke up dizzy and weak. I didnt go to the hospital on OD, but i was scared when I woke up.

Was one fun night though, lmao.

Alex

·
Missing You
300 Posts
I hate pain pills, they make me sick to my stomache.

I've taken both Lortabs and Percacets. You're just feelin' the effects from it. They make me dizzy, too and reeeeeeal relaxed until I get sick. Bleh.

Did you eat anything first? Sometimes that will have a lot to do with how it effects you.

And as far as him feeling that paranoia. I get that every time my heart flip flops in my chest or I have chest pain. I've learned to understand what's ok for my body and what's not. Right after I had that stroke, for about 8-9 months, every time my hand felt funny I got that little paranoia going on like something bad was about to happen again.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Quit bringing this crap to the board! If you have a problem, seek proper medical attention....do any of us look like we are medical doctors? NO! When you go to the doctor you don't ask him how to fix your car do you?!
Later,
WEIMER:nono:

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I had rotator cuff surgery, just to sleep one night I took 2 vicodin, 4 500 mg. ibuprofen and slept on an ice pack. I slept good...and LONG.
I had trouble breathing the next day though, the pharmacist said I was probably having an allergic reaction and just to stop taking it and rest all day.

Best day of my life.....CSI marathon ALL DAY. 12 solid hours of Crime Scene Investigation....ah...to be hurt again.

Weimer said:
Quit bringing this crap to the board! If you have a problem, seek proper medical attention....do any of us look like we are medical doctors? NO! When you go to the doctor you don't ask him how to fix your car do you?!
Later,
WEIMER:nono:
Actually Weim.....I am in the medical field....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts