Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
******* Professional
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my Quick Fuel SS-830 main body, in the indentation for a secondary side power valve (if it had one) there is a hole with some sort of soft plug hanging through it (but not tight). Corresponding hole in the primary side of main body is the vacuum feed for the power valve.

With no power valve and a gasket, this seems to be a vacuum dead end. So why the plug? What does it do? Should it be tight? It is quite loose.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
9,044 Posts
Looks like a poorly swagged hole.
I'd drill it, drive in a ball bearing of fill with epoxy to make sure it's not coming out.
If someday you might want the PV, drill and tap for a solid plug you can later drill through or replace with a metered plug, like a emulsion jet, or even main jet.

·
******* Professional
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a poorly swagged hole.
I'd drill it, drive in a ball bearing of fill with epoxy to make sure it's not coming out.
If someday you might want the PV, drill and tap for a solid plug you can later drill through or replace with a metered plug, like a emulsion jet, or even main jet.
Thanks for your response! Think I may do it up with a little RTV for now. Thought it was a bit strange.

·
More for Less Racer
21,222 Posts
RTV doesn't last long in contact with fuel vapor.

I can't think of any reason to plug it, other than just to prevent potential vacuum induced leaks of the metering block gasket that could result in a raw fuel path through that passage, mimicking the behavior of a blown power valve .

You are right, as long as the metering block-to-body gasket seals, that hole could be wide open and it wouldn't hurt a thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts