Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,928 Posts
Forget that casting shape on the end crap....what is the actual casting number that is in the valvespring area??.

It'll be a 7 digit number, has to end with "062" or "906" to be an actual Vortec casting.....GM used the "Vortex" name on the earlier TBI V-8 and V-6...it IS NOT the same thing. Notice the difference between "c" and "x" on the end of the name..

People who don't educate themselves on the proper castng number get burnt on this all the time by unscrupulous or just plain clueless sellers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know but it sure looks like my cat! (Vader) he gets into everything! he walks on the garage door when it is open
and there are footprints on the glass on the outside! he gets into any box that gets opened in the living room.
long-haired pain in the *** cat! Ericnova is right about the number find it and we can help ya better !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know but it sure looks like my cat! (Vader) he gets into everything! he walks on the garage door when it is open
and there are footprints on the glass on the outside! he gets into any box that gets opened in the living room.
long-haired pain in the *** cat! Ericnova is right about the number find it and we can help ya better !!
Yes that cat is Elvis, thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forget that casting shape on the end crap....what is the actual casting number that is in the valvespring area??.

It'll be a 7 digit number, has to end with "062" or "906" to be an actual Vortec casting.....GM used the "Vortex" name on the earlier TBI V-8 and V-6...it IS NOT the same thing. Notice the difference between "c" and "x" on the end of the name..

People who don't educate themselves on the proper castng number get burnt on this all the time by unscrupulous or just plain clueless sellers.
its 906 and there's another # M015

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
The 906 can make a couple different part numbers, one is pretty much the same as the 062 in that it will have 11/32 valve stems everywhere, but this casting also makes a heavy duty truck an industrial version which will have the 3/8ths sodium valve stem o the exhaust side. So before ordering parts check these things out. You might also find hard seat inserts instead of induction hardened valve seats.

Bogie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.