Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Riley
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally found time to get started on the truck. It is a 1931 chevy 1.5 ton flat bed truck. ALL of the wood is rotted. MOST of it is missing along with any brackets that may have held the wood in place. All I am trying to build is a rat rod out of in,nothing fancy. But wood is not what I want to go back with in it. Does anybody out there have any ideas of how to use metal inside the cab as a replacement?? Any pictures?Any help would be appreciated.P.s. the picture I added is not the truck I have. It is one axactlly like it that a buddy of mine (way down south) owns. Use that as a referance. For some reason I couldn't down load my truck pictures. 'Said the file was too big. Thanks.

Oh! P.s. The pictures of MY truck are in my photo file here on this websight if you need a better referance. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but right now I am putting a substructure in my '35 Ford using 1" X 1" square tubing-you will probably need to buy a Tubing Bender to do it (if you don't already have one)-it's not really tough, just time consuming.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
In order to download pictures you need to re-size them below 300MB each or cut and paste them into your post from an online picture source. To do this, use the software that came with your camera or one of the free software programs like Google Picasa 3.

I'm going to move this to General Rodding Tech.

Dan

·
Riley
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
35WINDOW said:
I don't have any pictures, but right now I am putting a substructure in my '35 Ford using 1" X 1" square tubing-you will probably need to buy a Tubing Bender to do it (if you don't already have one)-it's not really tough, just time consuming.
I thought about that square tubing. Would probably work good. Maybe some rectaguler tubing as well. And maybe some strap steel too for cornering. I thought about maybe after I frame it in then take some thin plywood and cover it with a vynil of some type and then screwing it into place as panels. But then again since it is only going to be a rat rod I may just leave it blank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.