Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a proform double pumper on my 6.0 LS motor. I am having trouble with the idle circuit screws moving around. I get them tuned just right and then after a couple rides they are in a different spot. One even fell completely out and was laying on the intake.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Hey guys, got a proform double pumper on my 6.0 LS motor. I am having trouble with the idle circuit screws moving around. I get them tuned just right and then after a couple rides they are in a different spot. One even fell completely out and was laying on the intake.
Is there a place for the cork seals like Holly carbs use to keep their idle mixture screws tight?

·
More for Less Racer
21,121 Posts
Some aftermarket blocks take an rubber O-ring instead of the standard Holley cork gasket.

Should be one or the other though, to prevent air leaks and the problem you have of vibration making them move.

No springs are used here

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Well guys I just checked and all four screws have the cork/paper gasket thing. I don't know why they are moving.
I suppose there's a chance the cork has dried/shrunk, if in doubt, install a fresh set. Might as well get the new screws to go w/the seals if they're the same as yours- it's actually cheaper to buy the idle screws and seals than just the seals!

If there's a NAPA or other good parts store in your area you can look through their rubber O-rings for a suitable replacement for the cork seal. I can guarantee you the rubber O-rings will be a LOT cheaper than buying the cork seals from Holley, you can get a lifetime supply for the cost of the cork ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.