Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd throw out to your guys who may have an MPC electronic door popper system that has failed, and if it hasn't yet, it WILL. Actually this fix probably applies to just about any remote door popper system.

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good on paper, but getting six joints loose all at the same time isn't as easy as it sounds. I tried that a few years ago with a subwoofer powered PCB on two capacitors. I chose the sledgehammer approach on this one

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
LOL!
Actually it just takes a little practice. I do it it all the time, once the solder is all removed the relay or component nearly falls out. Plus you can run the wires into the holes and solder them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Sorry, wasn't trying to take anything away or criticize you in any way. It is a nice tutorial, well thought out and taught well through pictures, you should be proud! I'm sure it will help many with the same problem and may spur others to make tutorials like yours!
Many thanks for your time and patients!!!

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, wasn't trying to take anything away or criticize you in any way. It is a nice tutorial, well thought out and taught well through pictures, you should be proud! I'm sure it will help many with the same problem and may spur others to make tutorials like yours!
Many thanks for your time and patients!!!
Thanks '36 sedan. I surely appreciate a gentlemen's response. By the way my website has over 2,000 pictures and videos of how to do just about about anything (well, a lot of things) related to building a restomod. That link goes to only one gallery of dozens on my website. So for the curious, clicking on the home button takes you to the first page of all those galleries. It took me eight years to build "The Judge".

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks '36 sedan. I surely appreciate a gentlemen's response. By the way my website has over 2,000 pictures and videos of how to do just about about anything (well, a lot of things) related to building a restomod. That link goes to only one gallery of dozens on my website. So for the curious, clicking on the home button takes you to the first page of all those galleries. It took me eight years to build "The Judge".
Here is a direct link if you have trouble finding the home button.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,445 Posts
nice car build on your site. that you built your car in a costco shed is mildly surprising, considering the quality of the finished car

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, thanks, ogre! Building it in the Costco tent wasn't that bad but I also painted it in the Costco tent. Did you check out the gallery named "painting the car"? Actually I did most of the fabrication of the frame and the welding across the street in abandoned carport but had a concrete floor.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well, thanks, ogre! Building it in the Costco tent wasn't that bad but I also painted it in the Costco tent. Did you check out the gallery named "painting the car"? Actually I did most of the fabrication of the frame and the welding across the street in abandoned carport but had a concrete floor.
I always enjoy your stuff man! Reminds me of home.
When I was a kid in the 70s, some of my dads friends used to road race on a street just off the west side of the Dam on 620. It was a pretty steep hill with lots of curves. They would close off the street, of course and I think they were a little foreign car club like MGs or something...

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That probably was low water Bridge Road on the other side of the river. It used to go up a long and Winding Road and reconnected to 620. It is permanently blocked off now by the county I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts