Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 31 3 window coupe with a 74 coronet IFS,(I dont like the look of IFS on a fenderless car) it includes motor mounts,steering, suspension,torsion bars,etc. it looks crappy on the 31 , should i put a suicide or drop front on it?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A31 Plymouth Coupe, Dodge Coupe, Chrysler Coupe, DeSoto Coupe???

You are absolute;y right! Fenderless cars just don't look right with A-frames and coil springs and shocks and control arms and such out there in the open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Henry, when you figure out what works, let me know. I've got a 1930 dodge coupe and don't want to go M11, i'd like to keep my front leafs and stay Mopar as much as possible. I'm just getting started on the project(my first hotrod) its been muscle cars till now. jeff...

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
hot rod jeff said:
Henry, when you figure out what works, let me know. I've got a 1930 dodge coupe and don't want to go M11, i'd like to keep my front leafs and stay Mopar as much as possible. I'm just getting started on the project(my first hotrod) its been muscle cars till now. jeff...
One of the fortunate things is that Mopar did not change those axles for years soo if you find a A100 Dodge Van with the beam axle or some of the 1/2 ton pickups I am told those newer axles are a good fit..I have also been told that Plymouth Satalleite (sp) disks will bolt on ..

One caveat is that I was told this and not done it myself but that angle is worth following up..

Sam

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hot rod jeff said:
ive got a 74 dodge coronet ifs you can have if you can figure out a way to get it..im about to cut it off, and sell the rebuilt 318 with auto tranny..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts