Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
effective february 1st 2007, all vehicles 1995 and older will be exempt from further emmission tests. as long as your pre 96 vehicle is good to january 2007 , you will rewcieve a waiver.if your up for testing or you just bought the car, youll still have to get it tested to get the waiver. it seems they just want to test vehicles with obd II computors ie. 96 and newer. yah hoo we've been freed from the oppression at last. hopefully this will last forever. mike

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
I live in a "non-testing" county but always worried they'd expand it. Only thing I can figure is they found out it cost more to test than the revenue they got off it.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Hippie said:
I live in a "non-testing" county but always worried they'd expand it. Only thing I can figure is they found out it cost more to test than the revenue they got off it.

See, it isn't about smog, it is about money.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Houston and the five surrounding counties are on the test list now for all cars 24 years old and newer(unless they've changed the wording again).In the next year or two they are supposed to expand the test zone to include 5 or more additional surrounding counties. Houston's workforce is going to be in for long commutes to avoid that.
Dallas/Ft.Worth, San Antonio, and El Paso are also test areas and I'm sure the surrounding counties will be included soon if they aren't all ready.

·
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang
507 Posts
In Ohio, the smog test is currently free. In the applicable counties ( 7 out of the 88 ), all cars 25 years old and newer are required to be tested. New cars and vehicles weighing in excess of 10,000 pounds are exempt. My wife's 1983 London Roadster has a permanent exemption certificate. They use the OBD-II port for 96 and newer, a tailpipe test for older cars. Tests are good for two years.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
here in NY, 1996 & newer have to get plugged in and scanned, don't hook up any tail pipe sniffers or anything, it all comes out of the computer, and if an engine light is on, it will not pass, and it's no longer just a sticker for inspection, the inspector scans it, and then scans HIS inspector liscense, and forwards both to the NYS DMV state office, along with the inspection results, if it fails, you get 'flagged' by the state. BUT anything 1995 or older, factory emissions stuff has to be 'there', dosn't have to work. anything 1966 or older, it just dosn't matter, emmisions equipment just dosn't have to be there ( even tho, that's just a PCV basicly in '66 )

·
Ford Man to the bone!!!
112 Posts
In Texas on my old Pinto 4 banger, the law said, "If you have snog equipment, it MUST be hooked up." I had an engine fire and burned all the hoses. Had no idea what went where so I just looped them around so ALL holes were pluged. Inspector passed it.

·
likes chevy trucks & boobies
1,971 Posts
no inspections or testing donw here in central IL since 1984 or 85

most all vehicles in IL are 95 and newer anyways,

they said that 30% of them are older than 95, going by registration records

good luck

·
likes chevy trucks & boobies
1,971 Posts
the problem is that there has to be enough vehicles to make it worth it outside of chicago and st louis theres really no vehicles lol

lots of farmland and old ppl

like here where i am in no where central IL

so..

·
Registered
128 Posts
illinois emmission law change

Yeah Im out here in the Peoples Communist Republic of California .
Here the Emmission's Law's were what they called a progresssive law .

1st understand that here in California , we got special car's during 80's and 90,s
For example in 81 -83 while 49 other states were runnin Ford ECC11 ignitions and meeting federal emmission mandates .
California and Canada required that all car's sold in there jurisdiction be equipped with, special, ECC111 ignition's .

California law require's your car be stock and in working order .
Or you can , take it too a smogg referee.
We commonly refer too smogg ref's around here , as SPRAK Buddies .
Talkin serious worm boy's ! <<, Lowest form of Communism there is !

But are law was a progressive law . went like 66 and back then progressed up too 73 and back was smogg exempt . over like a 10 year period

Then we impeached Gray Davis are Govenor .
Elected Comrade Arnie !
Comrade Arnie decided in his infinite wisdom , any one smoggin would just have too pass smogg from now on .
think its 74 and back is smogg exempt now but he halted the progression of the Law .

Meaning if you have too smogg under the law , you will be smogging that car for as long as you drive it . <<< as in forever !

Not only that but you will be meeting California Emmission's mandate's <<, different than Federal Emmission mandate's .

Were on a treadmill now ?? :pain: Yipp we have too meet these Calif Mandate's under a load !
Further more , we gotta do it with Obsolete part's <<, Meaning no longer sold, or availiable !
Only leaveing you with , option of finding them in the Junk yard's , wich you have too find same type vehicle.
That was sold in California and or Canada ! <<< Not an easy task !

Pretty much just junk the vehicle , is what there saying !
My Dad proposed an interesting Question ?
What's too keep the Special interest Commies from electing , another Communist and changeing the Law back , too where every one has too smogg .
Even the smogg exempt ?

We Elected Comrade Arnie under the Guise that he was going too clean house in Sacramento .
Arnie claimed that under his Govenorship that , he would do away with special interest , runnin the State , if we Elected him as are Govenor ?

So far Comrade Arnie has too his credit , the Papparazzi Law .
Yeah Papparazzi cant come within 500 feet of a movie star too take there Picture !
Way too Go Comrade Arnie ! No special interest group's involved in that new Law ? :D

Vote Independant !!! It's time too change American History !
Democrat's and the Republican party's are so far out of touch , with reality !
That it's a choice between Crack Pott weirdos and Silver spooned sissy's !

Well known fact that the State of California , is broke as in Indigent fund's !
Do directly too are Energy Policies , and Special Interest Group's !
Pretty much the average Joe, Average California Citizen , and the poor have once again , had the burden of failed Govt policy and Debt , heaped on our back's !

While Comrade Arnie cruises his Humvee , and frett's over his wife's Anorexia !
Buy her a Big Mac and Super size it Arnie !

Neurotic people involved in Neurotic behaviour , makin Neurotic descision's !
You can sure as hell bett , it's all about the money !
Then I wasnt gonna get Political ? But one look at Bustamante <<, you can tell this guy is a Crook !
Fatt , sweatty, bald headed , hispanic guy look's like he should be a prison Warden , in a corrupt South American prison in a B- rated movie .
Moppin his sweatty forehead , with a silk hankercheif !

Only thing missin is a Dark Office big black desk , and a ceiling fann .
Couple , a skinny prison gaurds beatin hell out of some American trying too extort money from his family back here in the State's !

Look's like a Duck ? Walk's like a Duck ? Qauck's like a Duck ? Im of the opinion , most likely it's a Duck !
You folk's in other State's , should pay attention too California politic's !
For the most part, it's comedy straight out of Holly Weird , Ca.
Way beyond Absurd ! Absurdity doesnt even began too cover it !

Sincerely Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts