Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

Yes, I am back!!!!!

After a long break from the forum (My Father died in September, had to go back to the UK) I am back...

Just wanted to give you all a heads up on what i have been up to.

My photography website is now up & running (please feel free to check it out) Pro Photo Photography

And.... I have a car.......

She's a '63 Plymouth Valiant Wagon :thumbup:

Check out her progress at Project Valiant

Dave
:cool:

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
Not a bad looking waytion stagon.

...... wait-a-minit, that sounds like something HK would say.

HK, Are you out there somewhere????

Al

Welcome back flathead.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Neat car! Be sure and use several new fuel filters to catch the inevitable trash coming from the fuel tank. That always seams to be the worst problem with a car that's been sitting. That car should be a blast to drive. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ditto on yer dad.
Im glad you wondered back also. I love a man that dares to be different in his car choices.:thumbup: HG
p.s. My hats off to Renee. Shes not only pretty, but way braver than I with dealing with the spiders! LOL:D

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
Finally! someone on the board who is my age and near my house!! (I live in san mateo!!)

You in a club? You going to the Cow Palce show this weekend?

I had a 63 Valiant convertable. It was a sweet ride! What engine does it have? Is it push button auto? I had a rare 4 on the floor in mine. and the 225 slant 6. I used to have a bunch of parts too, but I recently sold them to make room for all the parts I got with my ranchero!!

Hey, there is a easy "trick" you can do to get those things to turn over fast. Get a starter from a 1976 Cordova (the one for the big engine, the stock one is the same as your starter) Then get a 1000 CA battery. Your car will turn over on the first try!! you should probably buy new battery cables as the CA's on the battery will burn up old corroded ones(learned the hard way) Also to improve the MPG you can easily convert to electronic fuel pump and steel wires. And while your changing the wires you may as well switch to petronix (and a bigger coil) This will not only make the milage better but also make it a reliable daily (Mine had this set up and I drove it every day) My dad was a mopar mechanic for a while, and he used to buy old darts and valiants specifically to do these mods and resell them.

Hey another question. Do you get permission to use those photos for resale? or do you just "public domain" it? Nice photos by the way. When I start showing my ranchero, I'll drop you a line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crazygutgut said:
Finally! someone on the board who is my age and near my house!! (I live in san mateo!!)

You in a club? You going to the Cow Palce show this weekend?
<snip>
Hey another question. Do you get permission to use those photos for resale? or do you just "public domain" it? Nice photos by the way. When I start showing my ranchero, I'll drop you a line.
Theres a hell of a lot of guys in this area who have cars, mostly on the Jalopy Journal HAMB board (Am I allowed to say that here?) :rolleyes:

As for the pictures, if your car is parked at a show, it is considered public domain. If its someone I know, they get a freebie copy anyway.

Had some issues with an idiot claiming to own a car I was selling a print of, so I replied to him that if he came over, he could have a print, the car was actually owned by a friend of a friend...so that came to nothing. Another guy e-mailed me to tell me he was just going to print off a copy from the advert...Low Res picture!! Oh well....

As for the show this weekend, I have sent you PM.

Now....the Valiant..........

For now the plan is to get "Vicky" up & running and lowered about 6 inches........then in the future.....

But not gonna attempt the 2 door conversion...just yet.

Oh, and its gonna have a black flaked roof too :thumbup:

Dave

·
266 Posts
thanks!

the drawing was made by an "ex" HR.com member (HallowenKing)
I made the "real" version below to bring his drawing to life.
I would LOVE to see a bicycle version of it!! It just goes to prove "you can find 'ANYTHING' on the web."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HemmiGremmie said:
I love a man that dares to be different in his car choices
The fact that 'Vicky' the Valiant cost us $100 to purchase was a major factor.....in daring to be different!!

I've alway's had a 'thing' about wagon's tho... :mwink:

Thanks for the comment's, keep an eye on Project Valiant for regular(ish) updates, and laugh at the L/Hand threaded lug-nut saga :drunk:

Dave

·
266 Posts
I LOVE wagons! As a teen I was relegated to wagons cause they were cheap and abundant in my suburban neighborhood. I soon relaized that a wagon with a good tapedeck (yes pre CD's) and sleeping bag was the easier solution for springing for a Motel room...
I have had a few of my own
72 pinto Squire
76 Dodge Aspen
72 Buick Sport Wagon (my personal fave)

not to mention as a kid we had a 62 Valiant, and my dad had a 62(?) Belevedere.

Someday I would love to own one or ALL of the following
a 1962/63 Falcon Ranch wagon
ditto for the Galxie wagon too
a 62/63 Falcon Sedan Delivery
a 63 Nova/Chevy II wagon
ANY Ford Woody
1980 Malibu wagon
1969-72 Olds Vista Cruiser (or a sport wagon with the roof window)
a Mike Brady style 1970 Dodge Polara Wagon
late 60's Ponitac Tempest or Catalina wagon (looked like GTO's)
and I really like the datsun 510 wagon as well as late 60's VW Squarebacks..
Also love most 60's GM hearses/ambulances

1 - 12 of 12 Posts