Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this time its for real, i found a car , 1988 Camaro Iroc-z, 350 TPI, 89,000 orig miles, 90,000 on the new trans, Black interior, T-Tops, new Aftermarket T-5 trans(Stick's were never offerd on the 88 350 model Iroc-z), pretty clean some paint fade, Computer chip, Flowmasters, Stock engine, new Posi rear, Guy says he has 10grand wrapped up in the car and he wants $6,500.00. My dad is skeptical do you think this is a bad deal, lemon, or just a guy gettin rid of his car? :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
iroc and roll

IROC series cars were great budget go fast cars when they were produced,problems with body twist with manual trans and t-tops,check door alignment when shut and when you first open them,verify the hinges are not just worn out,if hinges feel ok but the doors dont line up question it,put on car rack lift off the ground so tire dont touch then try and open door,if the unibody is weak the door will be hard to open.steering box pop,the unibody tends to crack around the steering box,drive slow speed parking lot manuevers you'll hear it.

·
Deviant AMC Guy
86 Posts
I've owned two 3rd generation f bodies. My IROC Z28 was a blast. It didn't have T-tops. I also had a 3rd generation Trans AM with T-Tops. I'll never agian buy a car with T-Tops. They leak, wind blows through them and they allow way to much flex in the unibody.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so.............. is the car in anybodys opinion worth 6,500.00 i like it but the guy sounds firm. i also am behind the 8 ball cause fisrt can't take my money out of the bank without an adults signature, cant start my own insurance plan, and can't just go ahead an buy a car behind his back. if it runs good Is there any way i can talk him in to letting me buy it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i'm not worried any more i have decided not pursue it it was a great looking car and all but my quotes for insurance are all in the $4,000.00 range.

P.S.- I have already tried to talk to my parents about putting me on their insurance policyas a rider but they said no :smash: :spank: :boxing: :pain: :mad: :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.