Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my final farewell to everyone on HR. It has been good times but I cannot deal with the constant highschool drama scenes. People calling eachother out on stupid petty things...(you know who you are-cut it the * out)
This board rocks for tech information and I have found some cool people on this board, but I will have to find another.
Jon-props on a great board, hope everything goes well for you.
To everyone else, I know who I am...and some of you know as well. Most of you know how to get ahold of me off the board, and if you don't well....we probably weren't talking that much.
BBB- Check your PM box.

Have a great one guys and gals...Rod on.

-Lindsey

·
Laissez les bons temps rouler
168 Posts
This is driving me nuts, all these wonderfull people leaving because some people just can't get along.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!?!?!

I'll miss ya BTB.

Chris

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Same old story every where you go, sooner or later the board grows, then drama, flaming and stupid OT crap gets out of hand. The people with thick skin tough it out for what good stuff the board has to offer. The people that miss things the way they were either adapt or move on. It is always a bit sad to see longtime members leave because of bs but it happens. This is the third board I have been on in less than a year that I see this happening on. On two of the others people split off and started smaller more personal boards and both are working out quite well. One is FORDifications and it come to be because of a rift between the administrater and a well meaning member over contol issues on an older established and very large Ford truck board. The other is a small invite only board that split off another hotrod board when it's growth got out of hand.
So go start your own, invite your friends and make your own rules.
Srill sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I must be missing something. I just don't seem to pick up on any bad vibes on this board. While I see virtually every thread subject on the board (I use the "posts since last visit" feature to look at ALL the topics) the vast majority I don't read in detail - just because the title of the thread does not catch my fancy. But I read my share...including a lot of posts in the lounge. And I just don't see that much to gripe about. And I have never, ever, felt that anyone responded to one of my questions or comments with anything but the greatest respect.

I have learned from many years on Internet forums how to stay out of flame wars...so I guess it's no surprise that I haven't felt the heat from one. But I also don't see that many wars going on involving others. Maybe if somebody wanted to point out a few threads that got out of hand I might change my mind. But all in all I think HR.Com is in the upper 10% of forums on the web in terms of good behavior.

(Please don't take offense BTB - I'm sure you have some very good reasons for leaving. And we will miss you. It's just that I haven't experienced what you have experienced.)

Dewey

·
Registered
806 Posts
cboy said:
I must be missing something. I just don't seem to pick up on any bad vibes on this board. While I see virtually every thread subject on the board (I use the "posts since last visit" feature to look at ALL the topics) the vast majority I don't read in detail - just because the title of the thread does not catch my fancy. But I read my share...including a lot of posts in the lounge. And I just don't see that much to gripe about. And I have never, ever, felt that anyone responded to one of my questions or comments with anything but the greatest respect.

I have learned from many years on Internet forums how to stay out of flame wars...so I guess it's no surprise that I haven't felt the heat from one. But I also don't see that many wars going on involving others. Maybe if somebody wanted to point out a few threads that got out of hand I might change my mind. But all in all I think HR.Com is in the upper 10% of forums on the web in terms of good behavior.

(Please don't take offense BTB - I'm sure you have some very good reasons for leaving. And we will miss you. It's just that I haven't experienced what you have experienced.)

Dewey
i second that, couldn't of said it any better

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:confused: What the heck?? I must be missing something, too. Dewey, I'll third oldschool on your post. BTB, Minnesota isn't that far from Wi. Cross the border, or log back on to chat sometime. We'll miss ya around here.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
What cboy said! There a whole lot of posts that just aren't worth bothering with. All in all, you won't find a better place to hang. :confused: Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. I am undecided still...maybe my decision this morning was a bit hasty?
I have put the nescessary people on 'ignore', so I hopefully will not have to deal with this bull* anymore.
Like I said earlier, I love this board (I heart it) and 99.9999% of the people on it....
This board is not a babysitting service, nor is it meant to be place to come to raise drama. We all come here to have fun and learn a bit in the process.

Fine, you have talked me into staying I suppose (thanks Kristen) for the time being as I am still undecided.

Thanks for the love-
lindsey

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't get on here that often so I don't know who all is involved here, but it's pretty much the same anywhere you go. Seems like some folks aren't happy unless silly crap is going on...........

Sort out the Good from the B.S. and have fun!

Hang in there............... :cool:

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
When it comes to BS...................I know where it comes from and I tend to shy away from those conversations.

I believe this is about the 1st time that I have responded to one of your posts...............

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've been on here a short time compared to some, however, most people that have said goodbye, well they are still around. Always great to take a break like Wiemer just mentioned in another thread.

Like Poncho and Willy's said, limit the time and answer only the threads you want. Its easier to look at the big picture that way instead of getting caught in the quagmire.

Dutch

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
All in all people....JUST REMEMBER.......if you throw a punch expect to get hit back.

Stay, go. it makes no difference. Just abide by the rules of conduct on the board and everything will be fine. Make an effort to get along instead of making an effort to not get along.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.