Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to hotrods been into muscle cars for the last 20 yrs and just picked up a 51 Muntz Jet. It has a Lincoln 337 flathead with Edelbrock heads and a Edmonds 2x2 intake. Its been sitting in a shop for 20 yrs and hasn't been run since it was driven in. I plan on getting it started so its moveable and then resto-rodding the car. The engine is free but I'm looking for some do's and don'ts while trying to get it started. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
neat old car

And from what I can find on a quick search is that only about 120 of them left...out of a production of 300..

Any way I would expect to find a lot of the seals and gaskets dried out after setting for 20 years..so lots of leaks may be found..

try and get the oil well circulated as it has long since drained out of the bearings and such..like preoiling a new engine for the first time..

Other than that well I think you will find what you find as you go..and welcome aboard the board :welcome:

OMT

Try this link: http://www.muntzjet.com/home.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
hot rod a muntz jet???

Please DONT HOT ROD IT!!
Restore it as much as possible.I've seen too many hot rods as it is gone bad!!
Besides the car already look like a hot rod,why ruin a good thing!!
And if you need any assistance I maybe of help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.