Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
inground hoist

I have 2 of the 2 post inground hoist and I am looking for info on installing the plumbing Would appreciate any help I can get.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2 post hoist

There should be a pipe fitting at the top of the housing that you attach a copper tube the full diameter as the fitting, and take that to your operating manifold. You have an operating manifold for each cylinder. You locate these so you can run both at the same time. There should be a fitting on the mainfold to come from the air supply, and a common one that goes to the cylinder, and an exhaust one with a muffler on it. There should be some sort of dip stick to determine oil level in the cylinder unit. You install this in a trench in the floor, or a large plastic conduit. You can just fill the hole with dirt, then pour concrete over the opening, too, after you are certain that everything works and does not leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wallace holliman

pontiac owner said:
I have a line on several of the in ground air over oil hydraulic auto hoists from a closed auto dealer. A couple are the two post type, but most are the single post type. New above ground ones cost about $2 grand. One of these will set you back a few hundred bucks. They are located in Central Illinois. Any one hwo might be interested please email me.
I am interested in a single post lift please contact me at ************************* or call **************

1 - 4 of 4 Posts