Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like you're making progress, Flash! Sweet. :thumbup:

I don't see a project journal ? That would be a great place for this so we can really see it progress.

Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
QuarterFlash,

Looking good! i can't seem to place the car-what is it? How are you going to make your cuts? Looks like a lot of hard work has already been done-

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Project Journal

I have more picks of this car than you want to see. I have made some mistakes and had some real good days. The car is a 80 Monza coup. I can resize my pics so I can up load if you would like to see. I am not sure how to post a journal but I will try to figure it out. Let me resize my pics first.

PS Here is a couple extra pics to show the magnitude of this project. I have over a hundred pics.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More Wheel Well Pics

Thank God for Z Grip. This is my first attempt on this wheel well in-largement. I know it's not perfect but with a little Z Grip filler I think I will be okay.

Bob

Attachments

·
Boost Retard
408 Posts
Wow… that’s absolutely massive… what size tires are you going to run?

Are you worried about the body work showing through where you have overlapping joints?

·
Boost Retard
408 Posts
Wow… that’s absolutely massive… what size tires are you going to run?

Are you worried about the body work showing through where you have overlapping joints?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Body Work

I have never done this before, so I don't really know. From what other auto body people have said I will not have any problems. I roughed up the metal with 80 grit and cleaned it with acetone before I applied the Z Grip so it should stick good. I will let the filler set a week before I apply the last finish coat. I did a lot of metal work before I applied the filler and the filler is not over 1/8 thick. A fridge magnet will still stick to the metal through the filler. At this point there is no sign of the metal work through the filler.

I will be running 12 by 30 at this point, but I can go 2" inches bigger and taller if I need.

Bob

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts