Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a 350 small block with approx 10.3:1 compression ratio

I want a cam with good midrange power and a mean sounding idle, yet i don't want any vaccum issues because i have power brakes, this is going to be a street vehicle.

It has to be under 500 lift because that's what my springs are rated for

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
Elgin 1785p is about the best match for your goals with crappy .500" springs. Even with recurved timing your vacuum at idle will be low though. You'll need a vacuum canister.

·
More machine than man
851 Posts
it's a 350 small block with approx 10.3:1 compression ratio

I want a cam with good midrange power and a mean sounding idle, yet i don't want any vaccum issues because i have power brakes, this is going to be a street vehicle.

It has to be under 500 lift because that's what my springs are rated for
How can you have selected your springs before buying a cam? Step 1, get a cam, step 2 follow cam makers spring recommendation to match cam.

And roller? Retro-roller? Flat tappet? Solid? Hydraulic?

·
Banned
9,993 Posts

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I would run a 224 ish duration solid flat tappet cam with 480 lift.It would be a nice idle at 850 rpm.choosing a lobe displacement angle is just as important as duration and lift. sounding nive Vs going well? I choose the power.Lots of people do not like adjusting valves,I think its a fair trade off for the performance you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.