Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, the old girl (my 38 DeSoto) in now in the hood. My wife has nagged.. um ... err.... suggested that I put the hood on her the last two years. I was in no hurry and I thought it looked more like a street rod without it. I've went to a couople of cruise in's and car shows and every one asks, "Where's the hood?" or "That'll look even better when she's finished with the hood on." So here she is with the, "Hood" finally on. She's happy so I'm happy. ;)
My son and I finally got the gas gage to work and the speedo. I do have to change the speedo gears yet cause it says 76 mph when I'm only doing 55. It's been great fun driving the old girl around finally, YeeeHaW!

Attachments

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Thats a great looking car, you did a good job. I have watched this build since day one and I have really enjoyed it. What are you going to do next?

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks WR. It's a classy Gangsta mobile. :D
Henry I have the little things to do now like the steering wheel. I found an old wood and chrome one like I had in the 70's that I sanded and refinished to look like new. I still need a horn and a radio antenna cable, finish some wiring etc. OH yea, new wheels at some point in time. Oh my, a hotrodders work is never done. LOL!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Congrats for sticking with this car. You have done a great job and it's time to enjoy. A tip on the speedo. It will be difficult to find a gear combo that will get you in the ball park so the easy way out is to find a speedo shop that has the capability of putting it on a dyno and then cut the gears to give you the correct reading. There is one of those here in Asheville, NC so there should be one near you. If you can't locate one, guess you will just have to wheel on down for a visit!!

Trees

PS: Time to change your avatar!!!

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks trees, that was one mighty big 8 yr. elephant to eat. :D
The Shades of the Past Car show calls to me. If some year I make it I'll give you a call. :thumbup:
Won't be this year my youngest gets married next month and my oldest son just got out of the hospital. He's broken up pretty good. Hit a pickup at 50/55 mph on his crotch rocket. Happened so fast he never got to hit his brakes. Nothing life threatening but he's got lots of broken/splintered bones, a fractured face and he's in a great deal of pain.
Can't wait to see you.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
38, that is suweeet! Add a visor and one of those old timey window coolers and it 1938 all over again! I like it!.
Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.