Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the feature of holding the cursor over a thread title and being able to see a "preview" of the first post. However, for most posts it times out way too quickly and it is not possible to read the entire preview without moving the cursor and doing it over again to try to read the rest. Can the preview time window be increased?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I'm running IE and can't find any place where that "mouse over time" can be adjusted. Anyone know where to find it for IE??

·
Lost in the 60's
15,255 Posts
cboy said:
I like the feature of holding the cursor over a thread title and being able to see a "preview" of the first post. However, for most posts it times out way too quickly and it is not possible to read the entire preview without moving the cursor and doing it over again to try to read the rest. Can the preview time window be increased?
In the length of time that it has...I usually know if I am interested in clicking on it and reading the whole thing or just pass it by. :)

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
matt167 said:
I just did a little searching of my own and found this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3508#reviews
Were you able to actual get to that link? I tried it from your link here and then tried it through a google search and both ways I get various error messages and am unable to reach the actual site. Also, I don't seem to find an other discussion of this in my initial google search.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
cboy said:
Were you able to actual get to that link? I tried it from your link here and then tried it through a google search and both ways I get various error messages and am unable to reach the actual site. Also, I don't seem to find an other discussion of this in my initial google search.
The addons site checks Firefox versions.. being I use the Beta 3 version in linux, it may be the wrong link for an older version.. just search " Quickview " from the main site, found here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

·
Lost in the 60's
15,255 Posts
cboy said:
That's because you are one month younger than me HH...and your brain still functions at a reasonable clip.
Ha ha ha....I wish you were right! :D

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
919 Posts
If you "wiggle" your mouse a little ove the header, the text preview will stay active.

I asked this on here before, but now I can sound like I'm a tech guru!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
6,391 Posts
I am fairly sure it is a function of the forum software and not the browser.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
that is possible.. it would be a javascript tooltip if it was.. but the browser software could still interpret the time to it's own settings... I could probably find a way to change things around so it kept it on longer.. The Mozillia addons do this, but it's extra software

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am fairly sure it is a browser setting (although I do not know if it is changeable). If you use a Mac. computer to view the forum it stays there and never goes away until you move the cursor away from the title.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arrowhead said:
If you "wiggle" your mouse a little ove the header, the text preview will stay active.
I just tried the "Arrowhead Wiggle" and it didn't work for me. Tried different movements, including tiny circles, left/right, up/down...but still goes off before I can read the entire preview.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts