Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot for this post, but here we go.

I would like to put some sort of air/hydraulic/hydrogen based jacking system on a project car I am working on. This is similar to what they use on Indy cars.

I found one or two companies but keep seeing different ones on different cars that I like better. Problem is I cant seem to contact the owner to find out what they used. Saw one on a 33 Alloway a florida guy is building.

Does anyone know any companies I can look at for a complete system?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure of your height needs, but I know the company I buy my coilovers from makes & sells them. RadFlo is the name. I believe it's a South African company, but they can be found at the website that is logical (www.companyname.com). Contact is Glenn Classen @ (714) 965-7828. Hope this helps.

As always, I have no relation to this company other than as a satisfied customer.

·
Muscle Cars Rule
50 Posts
Thanks

I will look into them. The link did not come out right. I will google the name.

Thanks again

Dave

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
If you are willing to do a bit of "engamaneering" the cylinders are available from a good hydraulics supplier..and yes they are air over hydraulic..we used nitrogen to operate those on the race cars..dunno of anyone myself that makes a "kit" for that application..the cylinders have a spring that retract them when the pressure is relieved and yup they are fast acting..

Sam

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I cursed $2K worth of dirty words trying to jack up a stinkin' 1979 Suburban with the factory jack not too long ago. Next time I win the Lotto, I'm gonna git me one. :D

·
Muscle Cars Rule
50 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts