Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an article or instructions on how to install a JAGUAR I.R.S. on a Model T hot rod, or any other car. I read the article or instruction recently but did not print it and cannot find the internet site again, since I am not too good at the computer. Thank You for your help. thebiker007

·
Administrator
9,766 Posts
I moved this thread..... perhaps a few more answers here.....

:thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
does a limited slip come in jaguar ifs?
also i noticed when you buy a ifs from a junkyard they come with 2 rods going toward the front of the body i assume it prevents too much movement from the ifs can it be cut off without problems i see some dont.
also is there a power rating?
can airride but installed without a issue i noticed it also has 2 coil overs on each side is it a concern using just one air bag per side?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
To install a Jag rear end is not hard, but there are very many wrong ways to do it. It is easy to mess up the axle's geometry during the installation. The most common mistake is to mount it with level lower "wishbones" arms and not use radius arms. The four bolts on top of the differential housing are NOT enough to either prevent twisting of the differential during hard accelration or twisting of the whole axle while hitting a pot hole with one tire.

Have a look at this homepage:
http://www.snowwhiteltd.com/
They are selling hot rod crossmembers and other weld in stuff for Jag rear ends and there are lost of information about how to fit under a street rod.

You can also browse around a little on UK Cobra kit car pages. They have lots of info about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in a b body

Does anyone know of a jag rear end installed into a 69 dodge b body? I'm sure it can't be a first............ and info would be nice......

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Try CCR

I bought the plans from California custon roadsters ...they have all the info you need. .. One problem my son had was the shock mounts We used a couple of wood pieces we drilled to use to align the brackets to weld but the bolts are hard to put in.. next time we will set the rear end in,,, weld the center bracket then bolt up the shocks and weld the bracket. we don't have a big lathe to drill and tap the tubing for the radius rods and links so we cut the 7/8 dom tubing longer 1 inch then start by using the smaller bits to open up the tubing and keep changing until you get to the size for the tap... that keeps the holes straight.. next drill out that hole 1 inch deep to 5/8 then tap. that keeps the tap straight. cut to the correct length re drill and retap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts