Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up a Latham supercharger I need any info or photos .Idont have the intake to mount blower to motor. the model#28-A ser#001248. 4 carter side drafs 146-224.I was told it came off a corvette??not sure

·
Registered
721 Posts
They were popular in the 50s and 60s but didn't catch on to the extent that the GMC superchargers did. Most probably due to tuning four carbs proved to much for most owners. I'd look on the web for info and keep an eye on ebay for a manifold. They did look wild on street rods. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Richard Paul, I own Latham Supercharger Co.
Your Blower was originally sold on 6/15/59 to Edwin Pantley. It was for a Chevy powered Dragster. It was returned to the factory 5/11/61 and converted to fit a 59 Corvette, it was delivered to Ray Walling of Jacksonville Fla.

I have few parts for the old style Fla built blowers. It probably wil function fine if it still spins freely. On the Corvette it used a factory fuel injection manifold base. Then a billet top piece was made to hold the blower.

Someone makes reproductions of the factory manifold. I must tell you that this will be fine on a vintage car, it will not make enough airflow for a modern high power engine. Those carbs only flow 100 Cfm each. Maybe less when they make all those turns. It was the best blower on the market back then. It's just that if you made a real 400 HP back then you were a workld beater. That is the most I ever heard of from one of those blowers, 415 on a '57 vette.

You can reach me very soon through my web site axialflow.com it is not fully functional yet though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts