Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to rebuild a 1406 edelbrock performer series carb with manual choke?? it seems to be leaking around where the throttle linkage hooks up and maybe around the accelerator pump thing in the front corner on the same side as the throttle linkage please help is there a instruction sheet u can get or something?? thanks

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
the rebuild kit comes with a schematic and instructions. It's not that hard to do. If you decide to do it make sure you clean everything VERY well. cleanliness is extreemly important on carbs, one little grain of crud in the right place can give you tuning nightmares.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
the seal is in the kit, you can also upgrade to the marine stuff, I upgraded with that and bigger needle/seat combo, total I think it was an additional $15 or so, not needed unless you plan on running over 475hp though.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Other things to consider:

There's a chance the float has taken on fuel (is now heavier), causing the fuel level in the float bowl to be too high, or the needle and seat assembly could be sticking, allowing too much fuel into the bowl, or the float could be maladjusted.

Any of these conditions can lead to fuel dribbling from places it shouldn't. If any of these things are the problem, a cleaning and rebuild will put things right.

Another possibility is if the fuel pressure is too high. If you have an electric pump, it may need a regulator to bring the pressure down to around 5 psi.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cobalt327 said:
Other things to consider:

There's a chance the float has taken on fuel (is now heavier), causing the fuel level in the float bowl to be too high, or the needle and seat assembly could be sticking, allowing too much fuel into the bowl, or the float could be maladjusted.

Any of these conditions can lead to fuel dribbling from places it shouldn't. If any of these things are the problem, a cleaning and rebuild will put things right.

Another possibility is if the fuel pressure is too high. If you have an electric pump, it may need a regulator to bring the pressure down to around 5 psi.

Good luck.

ok thanks hey i got on more question this car has hydraulics and the rear of the car raises up vary high and the front is low to the ground now could this make the carb leak??? and i have a stock fuel pump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.