Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to find some quaility imact sockets that dont have the snap on sticker price.wondering if antones using them and if there holding up,any good.also if anyone knows of other quality impacts that are affordable any input appreciated.thnxs

·
Registered
205 Posts
impact sockets

iv had a set for more years than i can remember with no problems. i dont have any craftsman impact sockets but have had good luck with their standard sockets

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've actually had pretty good luck with about any regular impact sockets. I've got some generic Taiwan ones that have put up with beatings for years. Not so the "swivel/universal" ones. Those I get name brand. The ones that get used and abused most just fail sooner or later. Good ones later and they just break. Versus the cheap ones that explode shrapnel into your face.
I've been done with cheapo chrome sockets for years though. The cheapest ones I will use are Craftsman. I actually prefer some Craftsman deep chrome sockets as they seem to have the thinnest socket walls out there. Great for those really tight spots but the downside is eventually they tend to split down the side. I think that's a fair trade-off and try to use thicker wall sockets for most stuff and save the thin ones for when I really need them.
Anything Ingersoll sticks their name on I'd expect to be at least "OK".

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the 1/2 inch ingersol titanium impact. VERY strong for 1/2 inch and never broke one of my extremely cheap o'rielly impact sockets so I don't think you would have any strength issues with a cheap set, but the major downside is the wall thickness. Just about anything I.r. is good, but if money is a concern even the disliked Pittsburgh sockets are actually decent quality and lifetime gaurentee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.