Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any recommendations on Ingersoll Rand Compressors. More specifically the one listed below. The price is right but I am not sure of the name. I would appreciate any help that you can provide. I was looking for a 60 gallon compressor but then one of the members told me about this 80 gallon unit for a good price. I am ready to get it but I would like to know a little more about the reliability.

Thanks

Dave

http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=1&paID=1010&sonID=469&page=1&productID=9181

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
daveh- Ingersoll is one of the biggest names in the business and you can trust what they say about performance. In my welding shop we use an Ingersoll industrial two stage compressor that has run for several years with nothing more than regular tank drainings and lube changes and this thing runs 10 hrs every day 5 days a week! Ingersoll has a reputation to protect and they don't sell junk. If you can afford the extra cash for a two stage then go for it, if not then the Ingersoll single stage is about the best out there and is definitely worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The Tractor Supply advertised 11.8 HP Peak is actually a real 5 horse compressor. Pretty good air flow but I go with the idea of a 2-stage if you can swing a bit extra.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I've had a lot of compressors over the years and Ingersolls were the best ones. They are a leading brand.

Troy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stick with a two-stage. I looked at the exact same compressor as well but decided upon a Quincy 2-stage, 5 hp, 60 gallon unit. It is the Quincy QTV-54 available at quincycompressors.com

kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts