Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,this is my first post. i have a 1977 chevy pickup.this truck has a 350 from a 1970 impalla. the motor is a 10.25 to 1 compression ratio. 300hp stock. scince i have owned this truck i have made these improvements . world prducts 202 cast heads, holley allm intake daul plane, holley 600cfm square bore vacume secondary carb, headers, holley blue fuel pump and regulator. new 3/8 line to a fuel cell in the back, wiend hi volume water pump, 1.6 roller rockers. accel blue print hei distributor with adj. vacume advance and 50000volt coil. daul exhaust with flomaster mufflers. i of course have a mound of junk parts in my yard. my question is; this motors original timing according to chiltons is 4 degrees before top dead center.at 650 rpm for a 1970 impala, with the changes iv'e made should i stay at 4degrees or start at 8, 10, 12?? thanks jerry

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
trial and error...

I now run my 355sbc at 8deg btdc. You will have better luck setting the timing with a vacuum gage off the carb to help. This will tell you when your drawing the most/best vacuum and the engine is running at its best. Make sure you warm it up before messing with the timing Dude.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.