Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the exhaust angle on the cylinder heads where the headers bolt on to has changed compared to an older 302 windsor.I have a 90-91 injected motor which has been transplanted into a 65 xp falcon and am having trouble trying to get headers to fit within the tight space between the head and the strut towers.one source has told me that the angles were changed but no-one seems to be sure.HELP!!

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
jessemax said:
Does anyone know if the exhaust angle on the cylinder heads where the headers bolt on to has changed compared to an older 302 windsor.I have a 90-91 injected motor which has been transplanted into a 65 xp falcon and am having trouble trying to get headers to fit within the tight space between the head and the strut towers.one source has told me that the angles were changed but no-one seems to be sure.HELP!!
All factory W iron heads are the same. Only the GT40P with straight spark plugs needs different headers. Some aftermarket W heads have raised ports.

Doug's Headers tri-Ys are really nice. Good clearance, good power, and plenty of ground clearance.
I don't know about the XP compared to US cars.

I did a 65 Falcon 3 years ago and had problems too. One friend did block huggers on his.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.