Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an original 1962 Nova with a 194 - 6 cylinder and 2 speed powerglide. I want to keep the car original but would like the extra gear of a 350 tranny. Can this swap be done? If so, What will i need to make the complete conversion. I have a spare 350 with a saturday night special torque converter. Can I use this 350 and TC?

·
Registered
960 Posts
As long as it's the "short shaft" 350, with the 6" extention housing, the lenth will be alright. If the converter has the "small" pattern, it will bolt to your flexplate; if not, redrill it. You'll also need the fine spline TH 350 slip yoke. You can also make your stock column shifter work, and the Nova vendors may even have the shift indicator glass/plastic replacement. Now, your Powerglide should be air cooled. If you still have the COMPLETE turbine/converter cover, and the converter with the cooling cover on it, I'd be interested in those; P.M. me and we'll talk about it. The other thing is, your Powerglide is most likely air cooled, you'll need an aftermarket external type cooler for the TH 350 trans.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
OldinTX said:
a two speed powerglide transmission to bolt on behind it. Would your powerglide be for sale if you have converted to a 350?
Please don't solicit to buy or sell here, use the free classifieds or a PM to the other person. Thanks. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.