Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stating the installation of a front clip and I am wondering what castor you guys are running on a GM clip..i woudl like to get that fairly close to final before I weld anything up..

Sam

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
What I do on the Camaro clip.Is before you cut the back off,Set them level,Once they are level,Tack a piece of angle iron on the center of the crossmember ,Front to back.About 6 to 12'' long..Make sure when you tack it,It is also level.Then you have a place to set your level.Put that level, In you won't have a problem.Then you can cut the back,And start fitting it. :) This is how I do all the camaro's clip's I do.(If you are using a Camaro clip)..Hope this helps you out.. :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could have been a bit more clear..I am looking for the spec for the castor angle that is being used on those clips..if I know that I can get the clip welded in properly so I am in the proper range of adjustment for alignment..

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you asking what the caster angle is in the alignment of the front end or the angle(rake) of the frame? If you're talking about the alignment spec we'd need to know specifically what GM clip you're using, then just look up the alignment specs although I don't know how you'd check this at home. If you mean the angle of the clip frame itself, it should be the same as it was in the donor vehicle. Find a car the same as the donor and measure frame-to-ground from one point behind the wheels and one point ahead of the wheels, on each side. Using the same reference points on the clip, set your clip up at the same height and you have your angle. Now do what NEW INTERIORS said and tack a piece of angle to the top of the crossmember running lengthwise with the clip and sitting level. Now you can easily check that the angle is correct while you work . Sim-pull. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.