Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go ahead kid squeeze the wheez
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I have rebuilt a wrecked 94 Mustang Convertible and have the car up and running, new dog house and paint. Now I need to replace the air bags. I purchased a used set and am wondering if anyone out there has installed air bags before and where I might get installation proceedures from. I did find a local mechanic that will install them, but it's rather pricey! Any help would be apprecitated.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Wrong style of airbags. I believe he is asking about SRS type of airbags....Like the kind in your steering wheel and dash panel.
Wish I could help you out....
Later,
WEIMER

·
Go ahead kid squeeze the wheez
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct, I meant the SRS bags. I read a post on another forum that the battery must be disconnected, and the positive lead grounded, as the controller has a battery back up. I am aware of the dangers involved in this, and may elect to have them installed by a professional. I bought the bags used for $430.00 and the installer wants $500.00, still better than $2007.00 that I was quoted by a Ford dealer! I have left them out as my son only drives around town and local stuff, no long distance, and we've been working on the car. He's off to colleage next year and I have the money to get this done now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While you're buying all these things for your son.. Think you can afford to buy me a wrecked 94 Mustang??? =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.