Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell guys I am finally getting things back together on my sbc 350 and will get my timing cover gasketed up tomorrow along with my intake but I just set my valve lash on my lunati voodoo hydraulic roller cam and after zero lash I tightend 3/4 of a turn and was wondering if thats too much and also I have comp cams stud girdles to put on and any advice on installing them. I don't have the instructions on them and tried goodle and all I cam up with is the ones for 7/16 studs not the 3/8 ones I have. Do I have to redo all of my valve lash again after I install them? Thanks guys for all your help on here I have learned a lot over last year and was able to set lash with no problems.
Thanks
Eric

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
Stud girdles can change the lash a few thousandths with a solid valvetrain and needs to be checked and accounted for, but with a hydraulic lifter you would be wasting your time because you have no way to measure the change it might make (tiny) in the preload. ;)

Instructions are the same regardless of the stud thread size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.