Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone with electrical knowledge and familiar with a 67 mustang Instrument Voltage Regulator know whether the output is 6 volts or 5volts. I am gong to replace the fried bi metallic unit with an electronic equivalent.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Al.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inst. Volt Reg.

Thanks for that.
Jaycar Electronics has a 5 volt and a 6volt solid state reg. Part no.LM 7805 for the 5 volt and LM 7806 for a 6 volt with an output of 1A.
Cost about $1.95 each
Cheers
A.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66 Mustang rebuild.

Well i have just spent about two hours looking at your family restoration project and i would just like to say how useful all your documentation is to someone like me who is on the other side of the world doing up a 67. I had it shipped from L.A. to Melbourne, to Tas. last August and so far have rebuilt the "new"347 and about half way through the interior and exterior. I dont have an uncle to help out but it will get there. Your pics and info are among extensive reading i have been able to do to trace parts and "how to" with these mustangs. The Instrument Volt. reg.i have put together is similar to yours but without the capacitors. The old bi-metallic strip cycled every second or so, so are the caps essential.??
Anyway you have done extremely well to put together another dead mustang, looked much like mine when it turned up here. It also was rust free which i find very surprising also. I hope this one ends up as well.
Cheers.
Al from downunder

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Al
The caps are just for filtering out spikes and are not really needed. The gauges are slow to react and dont care if you have a flat 5vdc or not. It was overkill on my part...
Thanks for the kind words on The 66. It has been a great father son project and I am going to miss working on it with him. He leaves for college in a month.
If I can help you out with anything let me know. 66 and 67 are not that different from each other. My email address is [email protected] so feel free to drop me a line

Good Luck and Be Safe
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.