Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I relatively new to the site and I did some searching but didn't find much. I am begining work on my '63 Mercury Monterey and I needed to know if there were other years/models of Mercurys/Fords where parts were 'interchangable' .. i.e. taillights, headlights, door handles, etc...

Also, so I dont have to post another thread - what sorts of OEM brake setups can be somewhat easily swapped on to give me disc brakes (at least up front)? Its a BIG heavy car and I'd like to be able to stop it once I get it running. :cool:

Thanks in advance!

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
Most cars will share a "platform" with other models so "hard parts" like hinges, glass, those door handles, suspension components that sort of thing will innerchange. But tail lamps are usually be a model specific part.

Search out a good forum that is Ford specific is my suggestion.

Brian

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
hollander

some stuff will still work even though hollander does not list it as as interchange..you can drill new holes etc. It used to be that cadiallac windshiels had a gradual windshield tint while other Gm cars had an abrupt line. parts would fit, but were not the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.