Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.drwtransmission.com/4L60E.htm

"Numerous times, people have asked me to give my opinion or advise on building up a 4L60E for high performance. I have had all the experience I can handle trying to keep the 700-R4 (4L60) together under high horsepower applications for an acceptable length of time and have tried a little with the 4L60E which is just a more electronically controlled version of the 4L60 (700-R4). Below is just one of the many surprises that await anyone considering racing a 4L60 or 4L60E. Good luck."

·
Registered
576 Posts
700 build up

nothing is unbreakable, many shop advertise they can build performance transmissions, and then when it break's parts it's a poor design transmission. all the parts you show are prone to break under normal use let alone when you add more torque and horse power.
700 and 4l60 e transmission have many flaws and god bless gm for there use.
I own a 96 Z- 28 and drive it hard when I want, haven't replace tranny yet' my 85 camaro had 98,000 miles when I sold it with out tranny trouble , 92 chevy 1500 had 138,000 when it was sold no tranny replacement.
but in less than 5 minutes I guarantee I can kill any transmission I drive

·
Administrator
9,805 Posts

you will not like this comment;

I doubt any one has asked your opinion of high performance tranny building about a 700 tranny or any other tranny.

Your information apears to be related to what you read on the internet rather than actual experience with hard parts in front of you. I doubt that you have attempted to build and use a high performance 700 tranny since you seem to always bad mouth the t-350 and praise the t-200 line up of trannys

Many of your posts the past year have contained bad / incorrect tranny information. This mis-information was part of the reason you have been previously suspended at this board.

Few regulars of the tranny / rearend section pay any attention to your posts because of the above items I have mentioned.

Post any response you wish. If you post a nasty response with personal attacks. I will ask that you be banned from this board by Jon

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would like everyone to please ignore Crosley's post since the admins here will do nothing about it.

I just posted this thread here because it deals with high performance use of the 700-4R and what could happen under certain conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.