631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the stang i'm bout to get needs a whole new interior
so i need to get some ideas on it.
the dash it self will be stock
and the instument pannel will be stock
b/c i love the old gauges.. but i want to put a tach in
and a 3 gauge panel under the middle dash
and a switch box to control idk all what yet..

Seats.. will be racing buckets with racing seat belts

and the rear seat will be re-covered

so now..

i am putting in a sound system so any ideas on that?

the idea of under dash underglow and under seat underglow has come up

what do yall think about it?

-Scott

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
first off, I'd ditch the racing seat/ harness idea. to me, and a lot of other people they are a turn off ( and can affect the value of the vehicle ). use a set of '69-'70 Mustang high back seats, they are far more comfterble than the early low back seats, and can be covered to match original interior color choices, and look right in an early Mustang. if your going to put a 3 gauge panal under the dash, get gauges you do not have in the stock cluster. trans temp, volt meter, oil press gauge ect..., anything that is just an idiot light, get in a gauge. you could get a factory reproduction gauge cluster with a tach in it, if you wanted it to look original. as for switches, having switches under the dash, just to have them under the dash ( you are not shure what they will control yet, telling me you just want switches ), if you really want switches, run 1 in the ign circut so you can cut ign power for security/ engine priming purposes, and a switch to cut off the rear lights. I don't like interior neon crap, some street rods look nice with under car neons, but the interior neon crap is illegial and pointless.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
matt167 said:
first off, I'd ditch the racing seat/ harness idea. to me, and a lot of other people they are a turn off ( and can affect the value of the vehicle ). use a set of '69-'70 Mustang high back seats, they are far more comfterble than the early low back seats, and can be covered to match original interior color choices, and look right in an early Mustang. if your going to put a 3 gauge panal under the dash, get gauges you do not have in the stock cluster. trans temp, volt meter, oil press gauge ect..., anything that is just an idiot light, get in a gauge. you could get a factory reproduction gauge cluster with a tach in it, if you wanted it to look original. as for switches, having switches under the dash, just to have them under the dash ( you are not shure what they will control yet, telling me you just want switches ), if you really want switches, run 1 in the ign circut so you can cut ign power for security/ engine priming purposes, and a switch to cut off the rear lights. I don't like interior neon crap, some street rods look nice with under car neons, but the interior neon crap is illegial and pointless.
I agree.......personally....I would spend my time and money making it safe and makeing it go fast.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its gotta

its gotta be safe or my dad wouldnt let me have it

but i want the racing harneses in it b/c its safer than a regular single strap stock seatbelt

and your right in the seat idea

and i like fast..

i wanna go FASTTTTT

haha

i'll stick with taht

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
MrPhotographer06 said:
its gotta be safe or my dad wouldnt let me have it

but i want the racing harneses in it b/c its safer than a regular single strap stock seatbelt

and your right in the seat idea

and i like fast..

i wanna go FASTTTTT

haha

i'll stick with taht
you don't need a 5 pt harness for anything until a 10.60 ET I belive. a 5pt harness can kill you if it's not installed correctly and you get into an accident. I'd use a 3pt seat belt ( standard ) instead. worry a little more about saftey than going fast, first get disc front brakes, a frt sway bar, shelby drop the front suspension ( free, just time consuming drilling the new holes ) and poly bushings throuout, that will tighten up the steering a bit.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
matt167 said:
you don't need a 5 pt harness for anything until a 10.60 ET I belive. a 5pt harness can kill you if it's not installed correctly and you get into an accident. I'd use a 3pt seat belt ( standard ) instead. worry a little more about saftey than going fast, first get disc front brakes, a frt sway bar, shelby drop the front suspension ( free, just time consuming drilling the new holes ) and poly bushings throuout, that will tighten up the steering a bit.

alrighty then

i'll wait till i run a 10.60 and i'll change

i really need the brakes converted..

as soon as i get the interior done.. i'll start on that

b/c the interior is nothing..

i'll deal with the exterior and engine after i get done with the inside..

then after the exterior..comes custom. interior :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.