Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER SET OF PISTONS. THE CLAIMER SERIES SEEM TO BE JUNK.my engine is a 383 stroker with all scat equipment except the claimer pistons"junk".If i get a new set of pistons that are about 15grams heavier will it effect the internal balance job i have just had done.Thanks for you're time.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
engine balance

If in doubt, I would go for another balance job, hower Im not sure 15 grams will make that big a deal, unless you are going to be turning some extreme rpm ( read that over 6000). Since most engines are rebuilt with out rebalancing and rarely do the replacement pistons weigh the same or near the weight of the origionals, and live long healthy lives, I dont think you would have to worry about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had bought the rotating kit from fast engine parts.com.It is a scat 9000 series crank with new balancer and flywheel.The crank has about 10 balance holes and i am wondering if i gave the new machinist the specs from the hines balance machine and the other sheet with all the bob weights and piston weights and a new set of pistons if they could balance my pistons with that.Thanks for you're time.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you have the balance sheet, they should be able to match it. This will depend on how much weight they can take out of the piston (since the new ones are heavier). Please post back on what the shop tells you.

Royce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.