Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello men
I have a small block windsor with a solid cam, roller rockers, aluminum heads, and 14:1 compression. I put the cam and lifters in about 3 to 4 months along with a new msd digital 6al and a pickup in the distributor. Recently it developed a bad miss, not wanting to accelerate above 2500 and popping out the exhaust. Since I've taken off valve covers, pulled plugs and wires and did some checking.
The rockers have polly locks and none of them are loose, no excessive play in rockers, and all cylinders have at least 185# of cylinder pressure. So I don't know if I should pull the cam or if I should look more towards electrical, what do you think.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
I doubt that the cam is flat since it's been running for 3-4 months as long as you changed the oil frequently and used a good oil and added zddp additive (a must for solid cams). I would check the timing first thing and then look at fuel contamination secondly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.