Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
No longer have it. But I put many towing miles on a 1957 "Binder" Truck"Travalette". Extended cab 4-door with 5 ft. bed. It was originally spec for the US Air Force at a base in Texas.

I was browsing a Michigan boneyard one saturday and saw it. UGLIEST truck I had ever seen. HAD to have it.

Dragged it home the next week and removed a huge straight six and Clark trans. In went a 402 BBC with turbo 400. Towed a drag car/trailer for five or six years. Sold it to a farmer/neighbor. Wished I never did. It was ugly, but it was always the only one around..

"She ain't much fer purty, but she's *ell fer tough"

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
International truck...

I have a 1962,aluminum bodied METRO step van,that i have owned for over 30 years,more than 350,000 miles on it,never touched 7 main bearing 6 cylinder.only replaced exhaust system,carb,and many sets of tires. a real work horse.

·
auto/truck/equipment tech.
107 Posts
the temptation is there, no doubt...but i have enough projects to last the foreseeable future. Between the 53 pontiac in the shop and the 50 AD pickup stashed away, i have visions of an open wheel roadster type rig built with all heavy truck parts. That one will probably never see the light of day, but a guy can dream, cant he?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the temptation is there, no doubt...but i have enough projects to last the foreseeable future. Between the 53 pontiac in the shop and the 50 AD pickup stashed away, i have visions of an open wheel roadster type rig built with all heavy truck parts. That one will probably never see the light of day, but a guy can dream, cant he?
Yup I could really do some wild things with something like that old beast ... But then again I have more than enough on my plate too. with the 'Binders, my 83 GMC rat chaser, '01 Exploder, and the '04 Crapolier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.