Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to hot roding but have experience in restoration. hoping to pick up a few tips on building and modifying existing running gear(chassis, suspension systems, engines,ect,). my goal is have something like an ariel atom2 or twintech v-twin space frame that does'nt look like an off-roader. i would also like to put a '50s int'l metro on a late model chassis.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,247 Posts
Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board.........Make yourself at home and enjoy the site. :welcome:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site jfs. :welcome: What is an "'50s int'l metro". Are you talking about a Nash Metropolitan?

Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
international metro

Thanks for the welcome Home Brew, the best way for me to describe an early '50s international metro is to ask you to imagine a milk truck and a man in a white shirt and pants with glass bottles walking up to your side door. now i'll bet you are thinking of a DIVCO, since they are really the most recognized milk truck manufacturers of the era. well an int'l metro looks similar. it is sometimes called a snub nose step van. look at this ebay ad for a picture: http://cgi.ebay.com/1948-INTERNATIONAL-METRO-TRUCK-AD_W0QQ itemZ180036119289QQcmdZViewItem or just go to ebay motors, pull up commercial trucks , put number of item in and search. sorry i dont have a camera or digital pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts