Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,All, Just aquick intro about me n my rod,my name is Daz and i live in rotherham England.I have been into rods n customs for eva,i own 2 vw beetles and have purchased a 1952 ford prefect which i intend to rod.I also have used the rear end of another prefect and made myself a trailer to match my car just for fun! Look forward to meeting other rodders :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice to hear

Nice to hear from you you guys in the big u.s.a,my car is the "sit up n beg" model as it is known over here,you probably know the type i mean! I have not built a rod before but have lots of experience as i:ve restored too many v.w. beetles and ones for friends too! My car is all original steel and was bought from an auction as a restorer went into liquidation,The car i intended on buying was a 1950 ford v8 pilot,but on viewing was too far gone to safe from the dreaded rust bug so i came away with two ford prefects instead.whats you car like? :rolleyes:

·
1976 Ranchero GT
1,455 Posts
My car is definitely NOT A FORD! But I do like vw bugs. I have always wanted to own a bug. There are plenty of ford fans on this site. :rolleyes: Maybe you can get some pics up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weirdbeard said:
My car is definitely NOT A FORD! But I do like vw bugs. I have always wanted to own a bug. There are plenty of ford fans on this site. :rolleyes: Maybe you can get some pics up.
what is your car? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
A Prefect - Far Out! I've just Registered after a long retirement from Rodding. My cousin and I put a 352 Caddy Engine with a Paxton Super Charger originally out of a Studabaker in a Prefect back in the mid 60's. Needless to say it was a BLAST and a Very Good Looking Street Rod. WelCome and Good luck with yur project

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prefect nut!

Hi,sorry didn"t get back to you my computer brokedown.Glad to hear bout your experience with the prefect rod "COOL" dude,bet it was wicked.Nice to hear from you all in U.S.A. rodding in uk is making big come back and am i glad,sick of seeing all these robot made cars on ever road!Keep IN TOUCH love all your u.s rod mags i buy street rods and ol"scool rods

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, what are your plans for the prefect? I recently bought a '51 and am a bit undecided on the project, either way I want it to end with a v8 but i gotta get a new chassis 1st. Let me know how you get on or if you have any tips, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts