Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I, i live in Minnesota, I'm 52 yrs old. love anything with a motor especially if it makes noise. I used to be in to 4X4 trucks really heavy because i got to many speeding tickets with the 72 malibu i had when i was 20. The truck kept me off road and safe from the police. the truck started out as a 1/2 truck and was on of those rare vehicles that could ripe ***. it had a strong running 350 and it was an old county truck and it had a posi rear end and just like cars if you have a posi you are kickin ***. i could out wheel almost all the trucks with bigger wheels that looked like they could dominate me. when it was all said and done they were leaving with tails draging. the truck eventually evoled to have 2.5 ton military axles and i did trail riding, hill, climbing, mud running, tough truck competion, truck pulling and just plain old standing on the gas trying to beat the piss out of what every stood before me. But the truck stuff is BIG and HEAVY and after 19 years of extreme fun i decided to do something else. i've owned a 65 Malibu SS for 20 years with 15 of those years sitting in a barn. i finally pulled it out did some quick body work to seal it up from rusting and built a motor. its a 435 hp 350 motor is out right now, i am going thru it, the (flat tappet) cam went flat after 4 years with the crap SM,SN oils. guess what lobe went flat?,,,, the fuel pump lobe! took off an 1/8" didn't do my forged steel crank a whole lot of good. motor is 350 +.03 4 bolt block W/1 piece main seal, GM forged steel crank, powdered metal con rods, Sealed power flat top forged pistons, 461 heads, ported, vic Jr intake, cam int 304dur/.510lift ext 312dur/.533lift, modified Q-jet carb. <--- I have a pile of holley's i wont even consider using. I am going to a full roller valve train with raised port aluminum heads, shooting for 475 hp. Anyway hi all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.