Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, fellas.
Mike Lauerman here, I am a hot rod builder with many projects:
'27 hiboy with 354 Chrys Hemi, '37 LaSalle box, '41 Ford rear.
'27 Coupe (top chopped off) channelled over the original Anderegg chassis (1955 Amer Most Beautiful Rdstr, 1955: a restoration.
'27 T Touring Hiboy on '26 Essex rails, DeSoto Hemi, LaSalle box
'27 T Rdstr Lakes car, Model A frame, 21-stud flathead, '39 box, Cyclone Quickie
'55 F100, 2nd gen. 350/350, 'downdating' to '56 Chrys Hemi, T/F.
'54 Ford Coupe, 406/T85 3-spd., 9" rear.
'63-1/2 Galaxie Fastback 500, 460, 4 spd.

Hoping to finish my '27 Hemi this winter, but keeping going on AMBR restoration as well. My F100 is not upholstered, and in primer, but takes me to the local 'runs', and brings Hemis home!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
It's always nice to have another Hemi fanatic around. Welcome!

·
Administrator
18,440 Posts
I didn't think that the "Introduce Yourself" forum was a year old yet.....................weird................maybe we are haunted.....I'm getting scared............... :pain:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A WHOLE YEAR and I'm still welding?

Greetings, members of the Defendered Society. A whole year!?! How'd all that sand get to the bottom of that glass? Musta turned it over a dozen times...
My younger son, Tory had his frame here at the house, to be pinched and fit to his '27 'T' rdstr body (glass Polyform, gift from his brother) and I had to remove my Deuce rails from the frame jig to shape his.
We set his '25 Dodge rails on the jig, pie-cut just forward of the rear kickup, and shortened 13" at the side rails, blending nicely up behind the fenderwells.
Front got bobbed behind a mess of holes that had riveted the front crossmember in. A new front Model 'A' crossmember was installed, boxed only at its roots, and faired in...he chose NOT to box the frame, mainly due to its 7" depth at siderails, and the material thickness: 3/16"!
The rails got tapered from firewall-forward, and the beautiful Dodge horns re-attached. (2" were cut from the fronts, where the semi-elliptic spring shackle
eyes had been riveted) Rails now sit below the body like they were MADE for it! (They were, actually...in a 'retro sorta way')
More to come...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts