Votes: 0 0.0%
  • post whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really sure what all to put in this, but I am 18 years old. Don't let that turn you away older guys (haha). I've worked on vehicles quite a bit. I still have a whole lot to learn, but that's why I'm here. Right now I have a 1991 Chevy s10 blazer. Nothing done in the performance category, only the sound and cosmetics. As for the other vehicle I can use anytime I want, it is a 1983 chevy stepside c10. It has performance without the cosmetics or sound. The engine in it is a 327, bored 30, flattop pistons, 64cc heads, 327/350 cam, 2000 stall convertor, 400 turbo, edlebrock performer intake, 650 holley carborator, 8.5 inch 373 positive rear-end 10 bolt, and headman shorty headers . This vehicle is how I found this site. My dad was thinking about putting a 144 Weiand pro-street blower and we were wondering wat compression was needed for this to work. The blower seems to be the next step for us in our upgrades to this engine. Thank you for whatever input you have.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome lilcrain 10,

Glad you found the forum and hope you find it useful. The blower manufacturer could best advise on the ideal compression ratio but I would guess 8.5 - 1, maybe more with the smaller blower.

Good luck with the project!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts