Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Don, and I found your board while looking on information on rebuilding a 700 R4 transmission. My son has an 83 chevy caprice, and I had a hard time finding a replacement for his with a broken band. The one I found and spent a whole night crawling around under his car putting it in, has the fourth gear clutch pack wasted. I only gave $100 for it, and thought I would just rebuild it myself. I have never rebuilt a tranny before, but how hard could it be. I'm an engineer after-all. I've rebuilt a few engines with some pretty good results. My brother was always the tranny guy in the family. Anyway, I found some pretty good info hear, and would like to thank you all. I'm more into bikes myself.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Welcome. I have built many trannys myself including 7004Rs and am not an expert by any means. Follow the directions and it isn't too bad a job. I really like the step-by-step rebuild videos that Eastwood and others sell. Almost impossible to make a mistake with one of those. Take some pictures of the job and post them in a journal here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.