Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm Jeff Owen and I have a 1978 el camino. I recently put an Edelbrock performer plus cam, lifters, intake, carburator, and high-flow waterpump. Heddman headers and Hooker mufflers. The 350 trans bangs hard for that fun jolt. This is the best looking motor I've ever had in all the street rods I've owned. I've only been able to test run it one time. I need to replace a small part in the transmission to get the car to shift into all the gears. Hope to enjoy your hotrodding stories and/or knowledge.

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Lots of Chevy guys around here. ( They love pictures !!) I"ve been reading HR.com for a long time, my first post was just this week. Have fun !! Rattler

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Hi Jeff...Welcome....glad to have you with us. :welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for welcoming me in. My home computer had a "glitch". All good now!! I'm new at this, so please be patient. I've had to be patient working on many of my street projects before. My first vehicle was a chopped top 59 chevy Apache pickup. I was only 15 when I bought it from my uncle. When I finally got it running a year and 1/2 later, it was the talk of the school rodders. Canary yellow with diamond tuck interior, 455 Buick engine, and no front windshield. Kept the inspection sticker in my wallet. Since then, I've always tried to drive a cool vehicle. It keeps me young I figure. So,,, what you working on or cruizin around in. I hope to get my pics onto the website soon. 43 yrs. young and lovin it ! hope to hear back from ya'. Good luck on your projects !!!!!!!

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Wow, Jeff ! I didn't even own a car when I was 15. Well I did, but never did get it running. It was a 39 Ford sedan. I paid $50 for it and several years later sold it for $50. Chasing girls was my main hobby back then. That turned out to be a waste of time. After that I drag-raced a 427 L-88 1968 Camaro in Illinois , Michigan , Wisconsin and Indiana for several years. So now that I'm retired, I spend my time at car shows and swap meets. My other hobby is my chopped-n-channeled 454 powered 29 Ford. Its in primer right now and thats perfect right now. I'm new to computers so I'll keep trying to post some pictures. If you get some time, check out cboy and his journal here on HR.com. He has started another "home built" project and it should be a good one !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts