Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome: i want to say hello to everybody & let ya'll know i have years of experience in auto glass. cutting glass for rods and currently installing autoglass today.if i can help with any autoglass questions please ask.

·
Revolution Calling
916 Posts
Glad to have you. There's definitely some chop top's going on here now and then.

I have a particular question pertaining to doing away with the big rubber gasket and then modifying the structure around the windshield opening to use butyl tape (or caulk) with a nice thin finishing rubber (modern looking) around the windshield.

When the time comes I will PM you about this and maybe start a thread on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
c-10 windshield

:nono:
C-10 said:
Glad to have you. There's definitely some chop top's going on here now and then.

I have a particular question pertaining to doing away with the big rubber gasket and then modifying the structure around the windshield opening to use butyl tape (or caulk) with a nice thin finishing rubber (modern looking) around the windshield.

When the time comes I will PM you about this and maybe start a thread on it.
i would like to believe anything can be done.but my answer to this modifacation on your c-10 i wouldnt do it.first without the rubber your windshield is about a quarter inch smaller than the opening. if you extend the pinchwield to what would make a safe glass to body bond.your windshield will need a black band around the outer edge to conceal the urithane or butle used. i can't think of a moulding that would look good with this installation.if a glass man say's to you i can do it, he needs the money.i have installed glass without the rubber on chevy's much older with two piece flat glass with the top chopped looked good.
it can be done but will you like it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
geezer69 said:
welcome to the forum.can you cut a windshield for this nova.or will i need lex-an?
your chopped nova would be my first.without measuring the opening & the glass i don't know if the windshield can be cut down to fit or not. a glass shop down town would run backwards if asked to do this job. but i cant rule it out yet; i would try cutting the glass down before you try lex-and. remember measure twice and cut once. you will need a very experienced glass cutter that knows what he's doing. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.