Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 El Camino and a 1971 Chevelle. These two projects take all of my time and most of my money. Sometimes I listen to the idiots at the parts and the paint stores and get really bad information. I hope someone can tell me what I can do to fix my latest headache. We sanded the entire 1980 El Camino down to bare metal and I let one of those previously mentioned idiots sell me some NASON 491-17 etch primer. I still need to fill some small dents with body filler. I bought Evercoat Rage filler. The Evercoat Rage is not sticking to the etch primer very well. Should we sand off all of the etch primer and then apply the body filler to the bare metal or should we spray an epoxy primer on to the bare metal and then apply the body filler to the epoxy primer? ( I will let you guess what I want to do the idiot who sold me the etch primer).

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
First of all Welcome :welcome: and secondly, I think if you will post this question in the "Body-Exterior" Thread, you will probably get more responses because not everyone checks the Newbie Thread. Good Luck and be sure and post your success when you get this figured out.

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Welcome to the site... :thumbup: What I like to do is lay on the Epoxy primer first to bare metal..Then sand it,(You don't have to sand it, if you put it on in the window) and then add a high build primer, Block it, then add filler..Hope this helps... Post in the body section, To get a better respond.. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.