Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Nibor AKA Robin I'm from Nashville Tn. I have just joined this forum and hope to have a long informative and fun relationship with Ya"ll, I have in my possesion two 1953 Crestline Victorias. One I have had a couple years and had intended to have it on the road by now. However! I found that the main crossmember, Right side Frame and Right Lower control arm were very badly rusted out. My fear was that If I put an engine in it, the first time I hit a bump they would break.. Recently I aquired another car just like the first one. In this one I have a seized engine. I don't think its broken It is just not had any turning since 94 or 95. I found this sight while looking for ways to un-seize the engine. I have already poured some mystery oil into it. the challenge is turning the crankshaft. I used a breaker bar and a socket to attempt just that. When I checked into this forum I found several postings I like the turning the flywheel idea. I'm going to try that. Any other suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Sounds like some cool projects, start posting in the appropriate forums and you will be hearing from some very knowledgable folks on these subjects.

WELCOME!

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.